Tuesday, March 15, 2011

Spring Break! Part 1

I'm sorry for not posting a blog last week, but I was busy doing something more important; visiting Walt Disney World! Last week was my Spring Break and I went to Orlando, Florida with my friends. While we were in Orlando, we were able to visit the Magic Kingdom, EPCOT, Universal Studios and the Islands of Adventure. I was very excited to get my feet back on to Disney property and also enjoyed being able to see what Universal Studios theme park had to offer. Over the next few weeks I am going to be highlighting events from this trip in a series of posts.

When we arrived in Orlando we were greeted with warm and sunny weather with only one day in our forecast calling for rain. Since we hadn't visited the Universal theme parks, we decided that we would visit Universal Studios first. We rushed into the theme park quickly to get on as many rides as possible, but also tried to enjoy this new experience as much as possible. Revenge of the Mummy, Jaws, ET Adventure and the Hollywood Rip Ride Rockit were among our favorite attractions at Universal Studios. The majority of the rides at this theme park were thrill rides as opposed to the more relaxing rides at Walt Disney World.

As we all know, Walt Disney World is known for the cleanliness of its parks and I was on a mission to see if Universal theme parks were comparable. I took a survey of the entire park and felt that it was pretty comparable and have to give Universal some credit for being able to keep up with Disney World. I did feel that some of the Universal attractions' queuing lines were similar to those in Disney World in the late 70's and 80's that did not offer much to do or look at while in them.

I hope that you enjoyed this look at Universal Studios theme park and please comment or ask any questions that you may have. Tune in next week for another look at an awesome Spring Break!

No comments:

Post a Comment